




Just for a quick update, we haven't been up to much lately. Jaren is still working hard to save the world and yesterday he got to meet Alec Baldwin and Kevin Spacey. He said that when he shook Alec Baldwin's hand all he could think of to say was, "Hi. The Hunt for Red October is my favorite movie!" Alec just said, "Oh, thanks." How cool is that? Jaren said it well when he described the experience as
.... the one perk to being an intern.... cough*Male secretary*cough*......... 

Over the weekend we discovered a little place called Pizza Movers here in Takoma Park. It is a ghetto little pizza place a couple blocks up from our house. We decided to try it out. We found out that you can get an EXTRA large pizza with three toppings for only 13 dollars! ... We couldn't resist. I don't really care how the pizza tastes if you get that much for that cheap, and it is actually pretty good!! We are only sad that we just discovered it with only one month left here! The location is just perfect for Jaren to stop in and pick up a pizza on his way home from the metro. Who knew getting pizza for dinner could be so convenient?

Over the weekend, we went to a seminar together for Jaren's internship. We got to meet some of the other USU interns and participate in a discussion on politics. Jaren participated well, I just listened... there were some interesting people with interesting opinions there. We were there from 10 am until about 2:45 pm and when we walked out, it was pouring!! Luckily, Jaren had his borrowed umbrella with him so we didn't get soaked!
We watched conference also! ...Well most of it. Our internet cut out a couple times and on Sunday we got talking with the couple in our ward who came over. Mary found out that I had never tried sushi and apparently she has a tradition of snacking on sushi during conference, so she brought some over for us to try. I was a little worried about the smell of the sea weed stuff... cause I'll admit, it was not my favorite smell. She made a variety of flavors: teriyaki chicken, imitation crab with avocado and cucumber, and veggie. The chicken one was definitely the most safe so I mostly stuck with that one. I thought that it was pretty good over all, but not something I would want to eat lots of. :) Jaren had one piece of it... I think. haha. He is just so picky sometimes!!
It is SO gorgeous back here right now. All of the blossoms are in bloom and the trees are starting to green up. We're lucky to get to see it!!




Callie, did you take those photos?? They are amazing! How do you both know how to take such great photos? I hope Jaren will still be my friend at work whe you two get back. Now that he is met Alex and Kevin, it's hard to seem like I am a big deal at all. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty pictures! You and Jaren don't look so bad either :) We are SO excited to get you guys back, woohoo for only having 1 month left!
ReplyDeleteWhat an experience you two are having! I LOVE all the pictures you take! You are so talented!
ReplyDeletewow.. your pictures beat the heck out of ours! I love you you can get the focus just right to make the flowers look good! I am not that talented. :( there are some pretty ones here but I just can't do them justice! Thats super cool that Jaren got to meet spacey and baldwin! They are definitely among our very favorite actors! :)
ReplyDelete