Four year olds tend to say funny things.
Little Miss Marin keeps us all laughing with the things she learns in primary... Like Lucifer, but not the cat in Cinderella. I also got a kick out of the time she blessed all of the people in Alaska in her prayer. Another favorite is when Marin was flying kites with her boy neighbor friend. Jaren had helped the boy get his kite really high. The little boy yelled over to Marin, "My kite is the highest!!!" To which Marin replied, "But mine is more beautifuller!"
Little Miss Maya, one of the twins I babysit for, said this to me the other day, here's the set up. She was eating dinner and had mashed potatoes and some mixed vegetables left to eat. She was eating sorta slow, so after a bite of mashed potatoes, I put her spoon in the bowl of mixed vegetables for her. Maya picked up the spoon in disgust because there was still a little bit of potato on the back of the spoon and in the most serious voice I have ever heard she said, "You should NEVER put my spoon in my mixed vegetables with POTATOES on it!"
While driving the girls home one day, they saw a bald man walking down the street. They thought it was very funny that he didn't have any hair. Then one of them pipes up, "Jaren is kind of bald too!!" And they both laughed and laughed.
They also tell me quite often that I have a big tummy and once asked me if there was a baby in there. . . I hope it doesn't look THAT big!!
Labels
2009
2011
2012
Anniversary
Bad Luck
Bear Lake
Beaver Mountain
Birthday
Boating
Cahoons
California
Callie
Camping
Car
Christmas
East Coast
Ethingtons
Family
Fathers Day
Fireworks
Flag Football
Flat Tire
Friends
Fun
Funny
Gonzaga
Graduade
Halloween
Hanks
Happenings
Home
Insects
Jaren
Kids
Logan
Love
Memorial Day
Moncurs
Mothers Day
Movies
Moving
museums
Near Death Experience
Newlyweds
Photography
Photoshop
Road Trip
Sandbergs
School
Spokane
St. George
Summer
Takoma Park
The Washington Mall
Thoughts
Travel
vacation
Washington DC
Wedding
haha this is the best part about working with children!! I have told myself many times that I need to keep a book of all the funny things I hear. My latest fave is from a 2nd grade girl who asked me if I was married. When I replied no, she asked if I had a boy friend. I said no and she looked at me for a second and asked, somewhat disgustedly "...Are you LOST?" And I said "Wait, did you really just ask if I was lost?" "Yeah, are you lost outa nowhere??" hahaha oh man I LOVE it!! I sure do hope I get found someday soon ;) Love ya Callie!
ReplyDeleteCute stories! We have learned the French dont like their food touching either. Seriously though.. They have like 5 course meals, but basically its everything we would normally eat, brought out on different plates so it wont touch. haha.
ReplyDelete