This morning as I was walking up to my house, I saw one of the little boys down the street jumping on his pogo stick. I have seen him jumping on it a lot lately now that spring is here. Another little boy was walking down the hill to join him at the bus stop when the kid with the pogo stick yells up,
"Noah! I beat my record!!"
Noah replied, "What's your record?"
Pogo stick kid, "three hundred and fifty! What's yours?"
Noah said, "Only a hundred and fifty..."
I stopped listening here. I was smiling because I am the Pogo Stick Jumping CHAMPION. I was remembering my younger days when I pogo'd for over an hour on rough, clumpy ground at North Fork camp ground up Ogden canyon. Sure, I couldn't walk the next day cause my legs were so sore... but I did it.
MY record is 1,000 jumps on a pogo stick. I thought of smashing these young kids self confidence and telling them MY fantastic record. . . but thought maybe that was not nice. So I walked into my house proud of the fact that secretly, I am the pogo stick MASTER!
Labels
2009
2011
2012
Anniversary
Bad Luck
Bear Lake
Beaver Mountain
Birthday
Boating
Cahoons
California
Callie
Camping
Car
Christmas
East Coast
Ethingtons
Family
Fathers Day
Fireworks
Flag Football
Flat Tire
Friends
Fun
Funny
Gonzaga
Graduade
Halloween
Hanks
Happenings
Home
Insects
Jaren
Kids
Logan
Love
Memorial Day
Moncurs
Mothers Day
Movies
Moving
museums
Near Death Experience
Newlyweds
Photography
Photoshop
Road Trip
Sandbergs
School
Spokane
St. George
Summer
Takoma Park
The Washington Mall
Thoughts
Travel
vacation
Washington DC
Wedding
Wow! I had no idea we were blessed with a pogo master in our family! I think we need a demo when you guys get back!
ReplyDeleteSo true!!! I remember! You were amazing! I think I watched for the first half hour then got bored, went to play kickball, came back and you were still going! Haha pure talent!
ReplyDelete