Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween and Stuff

Ever have one of those people in your life that teaches you an awesome lesson on life? Well, mine is Jaren. Don't worry, this won't be a gushy proclamation of love. But rather, a story about cheese and wasting time. . . So I am a work-a-holic as well as a study-a-holic and a perfectionist and ... etc etc. Sometimes I put so much on my mental check list that I overload my system and that practically always ends in tears. So as I was pitying myself and my life on the couch, Jaren asks me if I want some cheese to help me feel better. (It is a tradition apparently. Ask Jay Sandberg.) I tell him no, because then I would feel even worse for eating so late at night... Suddenly Jaren gets up and starts tinkering in the kitchen. I try to ignore him to continue to mope... and as soon as I know it, Jaren serves up a steaming bowl of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and chocoloate milk for the both of us. He definitely knows the way to both of our hearts. It made me smile. I realized that grilled cheese + Netflix + a very nice husband is a MUCH better way to spend your evening than studying. I can do that tomorrow... :)

Other than school, we both keeping busy with work. We had a fun Halloween with Cara and Avree and their families, and Jay and Jeri Dell came up from St. George for the weekend. It is always so fun to get everyone together! We also had a fun Halloween party with my family and I went to Box Elder High School's production of the Phantom of the Opera. It was great! Here are some fun pictures from Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment