Thursday, February 17, 2011

Life in the great DC is pretty much as always. Wake up, drive Jaren to Metro, come home, breakfast, exercise, shower, Facebook, participate in some hobby to take up the afternoon. Babysit for a few hours, come home, eat dinner while watching TV, watch more TV, go to sleep.

My life is pretty awesome huh?

Things out of the norm lately:

1. Got scolded by the Pizza Hut order taker over the phone. I could hear him rolling his eyes at me when he said "...I TOLD you it would take between an hour to an hour and a half when you ordered," Like I was stupid for NOT hearing him.

2. Drove by the Pentagon on my way home from checking out a prospective new car. Got lost in downtown DC for an hour while my phone's GPS royally struggled. At least I got to see some new places? I was afraid I was going to get shot... or mugged. Or something.

3. Oh, we went to the Atlantic Ocean over pre-Valentines weekend. We ate cheese/chili fries on the boardwalk, found fun seashells, found a World War Two look out tower and some lighthouses, braved the freezing gale force winds and took lots of pictures.


I have decided that people who want to live in a place like this are crazy. I would hate to always need a GPS to go anywhere (and when the GPS gets stolen you are mostly doomed to either become hermits or spend eternity being lost). I miss open spaces and not feeling like someone is going to abduct me or steal my purse wherever I go. I am probably just paranoid. I think after we see a few more places at least I will be very excited to head back to UTAH!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I see Jaren is still sporting the aviators :) I'm sorry you got lost, I would have a terrible time out there I'm sure! We'll be glad to have you two back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that feeling of someone wanting to steal my purse anytime I am outside of Utah or Disneyland. Hahaha. I am glad I am not the only paranoid one! :)

    ReplyDelete