Friday, February 4, 2011

21!!!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I am officially 21 now. Yep, I can now buy beer and stuff. I just won't. I did have a good birthday though! We both spoiled ourselves with lots of good food and treats.


Thursday, The girls I watch didn't have school because of a big snow storm we had, so I went up to watch them for a couple hours in the afternoon so their mom could get some work done in the house. The mom bought a cake mix and had me make cupcakes with the girls. It was a pretty crazy activity for them because they both wanted to help so much and we made a pretty big mess, but it was fun. I was showing Bailey how to crack an egg and instead of listening, she sorta just crushed the egg in her hand and let it all fall into the bowl, shell and all. Good thing we cracked them into a separate bowl first or else we would have had very crunchy cupcakes. I wasn't sure if their mom would appreciate me letting them lick the bowl because of the raw eggs (their mom is VERY health conscious) so I let them lick off the spoons that they used to help mix the batter with. Then I treated myself to the rest of the bowl. Cause it was my birthday you know... :) The girls had so much fun frosting the cupcakes and putting sprinkles on. Then their mom helped us put candles on and they all sang happy birthday to me.

Friday, Jaren came home with some presents for me. The first thing I saw was a paper bag with Cinnabuns in it!! I was so excited! Every time we go to the mall I can smell them and have always wished I could get one! He got us the caramel nut cinnamon rolls and they were extremely good. He also got me a beautiful scarf and some gloves to help keep me warm, some candy, flowers, a balloon and a cute Teddy bear. That night we found a Pizza Hut and ate pizza for the first time in a month. Pretty impressive for us... we usually have it at least once a week. Then we came home and ate ice cream and watched Lost. We are addicted.

Saturday was my birthday and we kicked it off by making french toast for breakfast. We watched more lost... pretty much all morning... and afternoon. :) Then we got ready and headed into Silver Spring to the mall and went to Romano's Macaroni Grill for dinner. It was good! Lots of pasta and bread. Then we went to a movie and after, we went out shopping and I got a couple pairs of fancy boots too.

Jaren has been taking the camera to work and has taken some really nice pictures. Here are some of them.


1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are amazing, good job Jaren! Callie, I'm glad you had a good birthday, you look so cute in all the pictures! When you get home maybe you should give us your P90X videos so we can get into shape like you guys! I'm glad you're having fun but we'll be happy when you guys come back!

    ReplyDelete